Nancy M. Shapiro Nursing Scholarship
To be eligible, a student must:
1). Be accepted as a new student into the LPN to RN transition program at the State College of Florida at the time of the award. The award is only available to students at the Bradenton or Lakewood Ranch campuses of SCF.
2). Be enrolled full-time (9+ semester hours).
3). Be a resident of Manatee or Sarasota County and currently working as an LPN for more than one year but less than 16 years in Manatee or Sarasota County.
4). Have earned and maintained a minimum cumulative 3.0 grade point average.
5). Be considered a Florida resident for tuition purposes.
6). Demonstrate financial need as determined by the FAFSA form.
7). Participate in an online donor meeting or in-person scholarship luncheon on November 2nd, 2022.
8). Update any change of address and/or telephone number as soon as possible by logging on to the SCFF scholarship system and altering the general application.
- Student must pay 25% of tuition and fees, max award $1000/semester
- Supplemental Questions
- Why do you want to earn an associate's degree in nursing and become an RN and why is financial assistance required?
- What have you learned about the Nursing Profession while working as an LPN?
- What are your goals?
- What attributes do you possess that contribute to providing quality patient care?
- You must upload a letter of reference from your current supervisor in a .doc, .docx, or .pdf format.
- How many years have you worked as an LPN? (Ie; 1.25 years)
- Which SCF campus do you primary take your courses?
- Show 2 more