Nancy M. Shapiro Nursing Scholarship
To qualify for consideration of this scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be accepted as a new student in the LPN to RN transition program at SCF at the time of the award. The award is only available to students at the Bradenton or Lakewood Ranch campuses of SCF.
- Be enrolled Full Time.
- Be a resident of Manatee or Sarasota County and currently working as an LPN for more than 1 year but less than 16 years in Manatee or Sarasota County.
- Have earned and maintained a minimum of 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Be considered a Florida Resident for tuition purposes.
- Must demonstrate financial need by the FAFSA.
- Student must participate in a virtual Zoom meeting with their donor during the fall semester of the award.
- Student must pay 25% of tuition and fees, max award $1000/semester
- Supplemental Questions
- Why do you want to earn an associates degree in nursing and become an RN and why is financial assistance required?
- What have you learned about the Nursing Profession while working as an LPN?
- What are your goals?
- What attributes do you possess that contribute to providing quality patient care?
- You must upload a letter of reference from your current supervisor in a .doc, .docx, or .pdf format.